Thursday, March 10, 2011

Quickly...What's going on?

Since this iPad keyboard is too small for me to really type, I'm going to keep this entry brief. Here's where my life has taken me:
- I have a date! He's 35, speaks well, likes to cook, and looks and dresses decent enough. We shall see about the rest of him this weekend when I meet him for coffee.
- My "Stuck in the 80s" friend came over and stayed the night with me last weekend. I've concluded that, like most people, she is tolerable in small doses so she gets to stay.
- I went to the L.A. Weekly Food and Wine event at the Peterson Automotive Museum this past Sunday with my pal, Jenny. She scored us free VIP tickets inside and I sampled everything I could get my hands on. Then spent the rest of my day in bed with a migraine from having eaten so much, so fast, and without any breakfast.
- My 19 year old nephew wants to die. It's the hardest thing I'm hoping to avoid dealing with in my life. His little sister and my mother can't stop crying. I am refusing to think the worst and don't want to cry until all hope is lost. I'm confident that he'll pull through and we'll get through this alright. He is currently under medical care.
- I bought an iPad. So far, it's pretty cool.

2 comments:

trE said...

My heart goes out to you and your family regarding your nephew... I will definitely keep you in my thoughts and prayers, Val...

Me said...

Thanks :) It is much appreciated.