Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Rambling


I want an Ahi tuna salad from Louise’s Trattoria. It’s drizzling outside, gloomy and cold, just the way I like it and I’m happy. I got rid of some dead weight recently and now I feel so much lighter. Removing negativity from my life was a fantastic move. It’s added fuel to my glee. I can’t imagine anything better than not having your thoughts interrupted with malice. I don’t know why I didn’t do this sooner (yes, I do, I’m too forgiving). Anyway, I’m much more inspired and productive today. I’ve been jotting down ideas in my little red “create” booklet all morning. Pinterest really has my inspirational juices flowing. Oh, I forgot to mention that I reupholstered my ottoman in a gorgeous Ikat fabric! I am really truly proud of the job I did, too (see pics below). Last night I spent 4.75 hours on the phone with a friend I hadn’t spoken to in a while. It’s weird, we didn’t fall out or anything, we just couldn’t find the time to chat, kept playing phone tag and email tag, and then we forgot we were playing any games at all. She has four children ranging in age from 3 to 17, in school and after-school activities, she’s in school herself, works full time, is trying to build a party planning business, and has a great boyfriend. So it’s no wonder she never had much time. Me, well, I’ve been all over the place, here and there, living in my head, taking classes, working full time, and maintaining a to-do list a mile long. Speaking of which, my garden is coming along nicely and I’ve started building a bed swing. So my friend and I talked, and talked, and talked and laughed, and laughed, and made plans to get together around the 19th for her cousins party she’s planning which will be after my nieces graduation from her master’s program. It was really nice reconnecting with someone genuine, who knows me, understands me, and appreciates me. We had our rocky road but we’ve always managed to get over it quickly and unscathed. We’re planning a trip to the Sugar Factory in Vegas for her birthday this year. Either there or to Paradise Cove in San Diego. We’ve been friends since our children attended pre-school together about 14 years ago. So after almost 7 months apart, we had a lot to discuss.

OTTOMAN BEFORE:

 OTTOMAN AFTER:


4 comments:

trE said...

It looks like an entirely new piece of furniture! Great job, Val! :)

Me said...

Thanks Tre :) I'm so very proud of it. I'm going to start posting more of the stuff I revamp and create.

Anonymous said...

It is awesome! I swear you can sell these!
~pmg

Me said...

Thanks Patty. I love it so much :) Which is going to be a problem if I ever DO decide to sell what I make. So far, I love everything! lol