Friday, October 22, 2010

Jolly-oh! Lovely day, isn't it?



This is a great weekend to tackle a few pending projects and I think that’s just what I’ll do. It’s gray and dreary outside, just the way I like it. Feels like a Billie Holiday song – April in Paris J On my way in to work this morning, I passed the Pasadena bridge, which looks like it was imported straight from Paris, and I got an idea to go over there and take some pictures while it’s still bleak outside; give the impression of being in Pair-EE. I hope I get around to it. Speaking of pictures, my mother’s old modeling pics could use more of my attention and patience in getting them framed, matted, and up on the wall. I’ve decided to frame them all in black – 8x10 frames and larger ones with matting. She wants me to hang out with her more so one of these weekends we’ll go dancing at one of the lounges she’s wanted to visit.

I’m in a dashing good mood today, chaps! The people who usually annoy me aren't today. I came home last night, put on some music and cleaned my house spic and span, while singing along. Then I quizzed my son on his Spanish so he would be ready for his exam today, whipped up a hot meal, and settled down in front of the tube while listening to the rain tapping my window outside. I'm dressed up today, too; wearing my 5 inch heeled sexy boots so the men all pause, planning my birthday Girls’ getaway for January, hoping I'm not broke by then, getting on the good foot, about to do a shitload of work before my weekend begins. I’m no longer feeling in limbo, I feel more in control these days *knock on wood. It’s a combination of a devil-may-care attitude and confidence that everything is going to be alright © Bob Marley. I hope this mood carries me through this weekend. Coasting on this wave, rather than drowning in it feels rather magnificent.

No comments: