Friday, December 2, 2011

What’s wrong with him?


It’s sad that these days the first question that enters my mind when I’m attracted to a man is “what’s wrong with him?” There’s always something but will it be something I can live with or that I have to live without? The last three guys I was attracted to all had problems I couldn’t bring myself to ignore. One smokes weed, can’t spell, is passionately Christian, yet doesn’t attend church (how the… hell? Lol), still lives with his mother, thinks he has haters, and believes that the US is being run by the UK, among other things. Another one is a patsy for his older brother, thinks way too highly of himself because he went to FAMU, said he’d never listen to another MJ song or support the Jackson family again because Conrad Murray was “wrongfully” charged with his death, claims that there are black people and “n*ggas” and that he is the former, said JLo is “officially” putting her career before a man because she performed at the last awards show (huh?), and is basically an idiot who doesn’t know he’s an idiot. A third one is a highly judgmental, issue-laden, passive-aggressive, stalker asshole (hi! :)). Island boy is a homophobe, doesn’t go down, said vagina reminds him of the predator unmasked, doesn’t see anything wrong with having lots of children that a) he is not in a position to take care of financially, b) all have different mothers, and c) he does not live with or see regularly. He is also cheap, and a huge liar. I could go on but it doesn’t get any better. All signs are pointing towards me being single and sexless for a long time. One of my good friends has been single and sexless for over 28 years. She just recently landed her first boyfriend ever and is ecstatic. Talk about patience and holding strong to your convictions! She inspires me and I’m thrilled for her but the pessimist in me is still leery. She knows I love her though so I’ll gladly be the one of us that worries while she basks in the joy of couple-dom. Meanwhile, I’m sewing, attending classes, working on my house, traveling, paying for Netflix and Direct TV, and hanging out with platonic friends and family, hoping that someday soon I can live with somebody’s imperfections. And honestly, I’d settle for two out of the four above losers as non-live-in boyfriends :( Which two? Does it really even matter? Le sigh.

3 comments:

trE said...

Child, I'm not looking, but I have grown quite fond of the youth minister at my church. I'm scared as sin to even approach him. But, I've got an acquaintance and she happens to be his sister-in-law... I'm going to research it a bit more. LOL... Your friend though, I truly admire her. That's an amazing thing.

Unknown said...

Me being a social worker can safely say number #1 has some underlying mental illness...#2 and #3 seem like Axis 2 personality disorders...grandiose at best...and don’t worry its millions of us single gals in the world...I meet Mr. Liar, Mr. I have no car and job.. Mr. I like your bff better than you so ill talk to you both...and that was this years dating list alone....I keep looking for prince charming but keep getting a nigga in tin foil...I digress....sigh

Me said...

Ladies, it truly is comical. And it helps to know that we're all in this together, lol. Jai, I've decided that Prince Charming isn't coming and that I'll have to rescue myself by overindulging in all the wonderful things that life has to offer. Then perhaps someday Mr. Good Enough will show up and be a compliment rather than a detractor. Love seems too lofty a notion. Good luck with the youth minister, Tre! And good luck sifting through all that foil, Jai. You both have my prayers. lol ;)