Sunday, June 24, 2012

Unrequited crushes suck. And I cant catch a break, it seems. If I'm interested, *he's not. If he's interested, I'm not. And round and round we go, getting nowhere. I'll be unhappy if I settle or if I don't. Although I'm sure I'd be even more unhappy if I settle. I'd much rather not torture myself. Being open to love, whether it ever comes or not, is much better than closing shop and settling. In other news, we got a dog. A 7month old pit terrier mix and he's a pretty good dog, as puppies go. He's already crate and house trained. He pulls the leash when walking and is becoming a little nippy, but thats minor compared to how destructive puppies can be. But it's only day 3. We'll have to wait and see how things go. The first night I had major anxiety and owners remorse. I was kicking kyself for giving in to my sons pleads to adopt him. But by the 3rd day I was fine and it was my sons turn to have owners remorse. He's feeling like a burdened new parent, like his freedom is gone and his puppy wont listen to him. I knew he had no idea what he was getting himself into. But at this point I've already invested over $700 into this dog so he'd better figure something out soon. I'll give him a few weeks and then we may have to have a talk about things. Clearly he didnt think about the 15 year responsibility this puppy would become. We shouldve gotten a much older dog. But it's whatever. We have Axl now.

1 comment:

trE said...

I love the name Axl!. I think your son and he will continue to warm up to each other as Axl grows older. I can't even imagine what training a pitt-terrier mix would entail, but I gather it's a bit more involved than training a Chihuahua-Yorkie mix. Good luck w/ the little one & congratulations! He's adorable!