Thursday, July 11, 2013

The Kundalini is in your pants

Last night was my first time trying yoga, Kundalini yoga, to be precise. I’d read somewhere that Kundalini is the type of yoga good for stress relief, relaxation, and meditation. All stuff that I sorely need, which is why I signed up for it. Then, last night, prior to the start of my class, I decided to researcg Kundalini yoga some more and, according to Wiki, it is a form of “libidinal” yoga :) Say what now? Yep, according to the diagram on the wiki page, the kundalini is literally the groin area, from the rectum to the navel, to be precise. I was further intrigued. I walked gleefully to class, smiling all the way, not just because it sounded like some freak-nasty, kama sutra stuff, but because "HOORAY!" I was finally going to try yoga, something I’ve always wanted to try. Plus, it’s two blocks away from my house and I bought six classes for a mere $75, in all. I made a friend in class, too. A nice Asian lady whose doctor scolded her for never working out, which is why she signed up. Then, our seik (? He wasn’t a guru, he said he was a seek, or however you spell it), he instructed us to do a move called the pelvic grind. Sounds pervy but I promise the only part of my body that found enjoyment from that move was my spine. My back was in Heaven throughout the entire class. I won’t lie though, when he announced that we’d be doing the pelvic grind my mind went directly into the gutter. All in all, I’d say it was a great first class. Therefore, I am returning every Wednesday for more. I paid good money for this stuff, I’d BETTER be there.

No comments: