Monday, January 10, 2011

I hate you, Monday.

This morning my alarm clock decided to play games with me and didn’t go off. I rolled over thinking it was 5am-ish and time to make my bathroom run then climb back into bed for a quick cat nap, only to discover that it was actually 6:50am, instead! I leapt out of bed and hauled ass, brushed my teeth while making my bed, couldn’t find my gray shell to go with my gray cardigan so I had to figure out something else to wear, and everything else needed ironing. Ugh. My intention was to arrive to work on time this morning, looking well put together and smiling, but that didn’t happen. I barely made it in, 10 minutes behind schedule, and looking like I threw something on. It’s going to take me a while to thaw out and clear this fog out of my head. Meanwhile, I have two tons of stuff to do and people staring in my face looking for me to be chipper. I don’t drink coffee so they’re going to have to wait for nature to take its course. I just want to go home and snuggle up with my pillow until noon. Monday’s should be eased into. I believe it’s unhealthy to shock the cardiovascular system this way. Someone needs to change the law so that we begin our Monday work days at 1pm and end them at 4. Bah.

No comments: