Sunday, January 30, 2011

The weekend is never long enough

Every Saturday I hit the ground running. I wake up thinking of things I need to do, then I grab a pen and pad and write it all down, mentally figuring how much time I'll need to get my list done and still make time to enjoy myself a little bit. Usually, I get just enough but never too much of what I need and want. This weekend, though, feels like a failure.
I realized on Thursday that we were out of trash bags. Okay, I'll pick some up from Target after I pick my mother up for lunch. So my son and I drove for 45 minutes to L.A., picked up mom, and headed to her favorite restaurant - Red Lobster. I spent the whole day rushing around, from Von's to Ross, to Marshall's to Red Lobster, to Target, and then 45 minutes driving back home...without trash bags or toilet bowl cleaner. Grr.
Sunday, it's raining so I figured Costco wouldn't be a mad house. WRONG. It was the busiest I've ever seen it. I actually got road rage in the store trying to maneuver my shopping cart through the crowd. I don't know why people treat Costco like it's an outing, bum rushing every sample table for freebies, blocking the aisles, and getting full off appetizers they have no intention of buying. That's not my idea of a good time.
So my car still needs to be washed and cleaned out, the grass on the side of the house still needs to be cut, I still need to purge my drawers and closet, and I'm still not relaxing because I have a measly 3 more hours until bed time and then another work week. I guess I'll try to get some things done during the week. Next weekend has to be better.

No comments: