Monday, April 4, 2011

I kissed a boy

And I really liked it. It was the juiciest, softest, most electrifying smooch I’ve had in a very long time, sans saliva, and I really want to do it again. He’s from Jamaica and we met Friday night when I hobbled over to valet in my 5 inch stilettos, my feet in agony, my ribs feeling claustrophobic from the boa-constrictor of a bustier I was wearing and dying to change out of, and my face grimacing. He asked me why I wasn't smiling, or something to that effect. He was waiting for valet to bring his car around too. We started talking and the next thing I knew I was putting my phone number into his cell phone. We spoke again briefly that night and I asked him to call me the following day. We talked the following day and he called me no less than 6 times from noon to sometime after midnight telling me about himself and trying to arrange another meeting with me. I was reluctant at first, not wanting to go out with him alone in a strange town, but my friend promised to go with me, convincing me to give him a chance and I’m so glad I did.

Kissing him at 5am on Sunday morning felt like kissing for the very first time and he was its inventor. His arms were around my waist, his chest pressed against mine, mouth to mouth, and neither of us wanted to let the other go when it was over. So we stood there for a while, in that embrace, comparing our height – he’s 6’3, I’m 5’9. We both agreed the other was the perfect height. But it was 5am and I needed to get some sleep before Keisha and I made the long trip home.

He was sweet and attentive and VERY intelligent. I had the best conversation with him that I’ve had with a guy in a long time and it was most definitely a turn on. Did I mention he was fine? Djimon Honsou better watch his back. This guy has perfectly smooth dark chocolate skin, bald head, 6'3, chiseled chest (I could see and feel all that through his shirt when we hugged and he wouldn't let me go), straight white teeth, full unchapped lips... He wasn't too pushy and never was he rude, but he was clearly interested in me and persistent and very much a gentleman even after I tried giving him the brush off. We spent the evening talking about Jamaican politics, culture, religion, plans for the future, philosophy, money, giving back, marriage…it was great! I love to hear a man talk about something he loves or is passionate about. When I say “tell me about yourself,” and he does, I’m over the moon with joy. A man who does this correctly doesn’t hem and haw and try to hide himself from me, he goes all in, confident, no reservations. And if he can do it well, in English, and sane, I’m all eyes and ears. I left home this weekend with plans for a girls’ get away. Although I’d been hopeful I would return with fond memories, I never expected him. He was such a welcome surprise.

2 comments:

rashad said...

good stuff scout! its spring and you're about to ge LAIIIIID!!..

Me said...

LMAO!! He lives in Las Vegas. I don't think I'll be seeing him anytime soon. But one can hope! :D