Thursday, April 7, 2011

Still with one foot in the clouds

He was looking at flights last night to come and visit. I am continually surprised by him *knock on wood. I guess I’m just not accustomed to this sort of treatment. I said to myself the other night that he was most definitely not Mr. Right, but he’ll do as Mr. Right Now. But then last night I had my doubts...again. I wondered if maybe he did have a little longevity about him. This uncertainty of mines could be because I haven’t had a lot of adult dating experience, having been in a very long term relationship since my teens. But he’s much more different than my ex and any man I’ve dated since and before. He’s so open and unpretentious, I find myself worried that he may decide he doesn’t really like me after all, just when I’m discovering that I like him so much. This is only an experiment, of course. I have no better point of reference to compare him to but he’s pushing my ex and all of the rest right out of the water. I love that he believes in chivalry, and he practices it often. I love that he’s not afraid to tell me embarrassing things about himself, that he's funny, and that he’s not blatantly interested in sex with me. He doesn’t talk about it at all, he never even hints about it, yet somehow I know he’s interested. He seems to want me to know him and now I'm eager for him to know me. I find myself wanting to give him more, undress my mind for him, lay down my cares, lie up all day and marvel the world by his side. This is odd and I like it. I like it a lot. Beginnings are always nice, right?

My ex had his strong suits, and I appreciated them. But he was my first everything so it took me a while to realize precisely what I wanted and what he couldn't give me. What he was lacking, Island Guy seems to have, for the most part. We're only 3 strong conversations in so there's plenty of time to learn more. Right now I am in desperate need of a nap because I stayed up late, once again, on the phone with him, my Island Guy. I feel like I can tell him anything and he won't miss a beat. He's told me so much about himself in just a few conversations. What's bugging me is that he doesn't live here. I know I can't predict the future or where we'll end up, but that part is killing the controlling part of my personality a little. I'm just going to take a leap and enjoy this while it lasts. For however long it lasts. I have no idea how much time I have left on Earth to enjoy these sorts of things so I'm all in, lol. What a surprise he is! I never expected to meet *him when I did, or that I'd enjoy myself so much. Wish me luck!

No comments: