Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Another Halloween is approaching.  This holiday is always the most memorable to me because something dramatic happens around it almost every year.  The last two Halloweens, my ex tried to reconcile.  The first time I wasn’t feeling it.  The second time I gave it a shot and we failed miserably. This year, there’s no chance in hell either of us will even be speaking to one another, let alone trying to reconcile.  But I still love this holiday so I’m not going to let the past ruin it for me.  I’m not dressing up this year, unless I manage to find a party to attend. But I do hope to hand out candy for once.  When I first bought my house in ’08, I was so excited about the prospect of giving out candy.  I bought tons of it, too.  Only to discover that folks these days suck at Halloween and all the kids stick to one street simply because their parents are too lazy and paranoid to do it the right way.  As you may have guessed, it’s not my street that they venture to, it’s Orange Grove Blvd.  Droves of parents drive and park, drive and park, all up and down that street while their children knock on 10 to 20 doors begging for candy.  And then they go home and that’s that.  So if I want to give out candy I’m going to have to go to someone else’s house this year.  But Halloween lands on a Wednesday, so more than likely I’ll just be home chilling with my dog.  Or shit, maybe I’ll take him out for a walk so he can get excited and try to clobber all the children we encounter.  He’s an extremely excitable dog. On his profile at doggy day care it states “Axl is a goofy puppy and should be placed in a group with similar puppies and older dogs that can gently correct him, but not overly-correct him.”  I took him there today and he was on level ten with his excitement. Poor pooch could barely control himself.  He really likes being around his own kind. 

No comments: