Friday, September 14, 2012

It's been a while

I haven’t really been in the mood to write about my life or anything, really.  A lot has happened, of course. I’m still living J  Went to a cool concert at the Hollywood Bowl to see Jeffrey Osborne, Freddie Jackson, Mindi Abair, Euge Groove, etc., The Boy graduated (did I post about that? I don’t recall), and I got a new fence…um, that’s all I can think of that’s noteworthy to me.  Oh, and a friend of mines got married and other one got engaged.  Other than that, I’ve just been piddling around, a hermit for the most part. I haven’t wanted to get out and do anything. Or, nothing I’ve been invited to do has appealed to me, and now it’s beginning to weigh on me.  I need to get out and meet some people.  I’m starting to miss black folks, lol.  I realized this a few weeks ago when I took The Boy to get a haircut in north Pasadena up near Altadena.  I went to drop him off but I wanted to ask the new barbers how much they would charge, so I parked the car and went inside with him and his friend Kai.  The looks I got from those men were blush-worthy.  Boy had I missed that.  I had been feeling so old and undesirable. And all it took was a pair of yoga pants, flip flops and a tank top, and a drive to the other side of town to remind me that I still got it.  Then, the other day while I was on the phone with my mom, my cousin stopped by her house to bring her a plate of fried fish and oysters, which also made me miss “home.” I could practically smell that delicious fish through the telephone.  Black men and fried fish is what I need in my life right now. Ha. I’m thinking about putting the dog in the car, driving up the hill to Altadena/north Pasadena, and getting out and walking him around a few blocks in my yoga pants, lol.

No comments: