Friday, April 5, 2013

2013 Spring Overhaul

Spring cleaning is moving along much slower than I'd anticipated.  Man, I have a lot of crap! As I type this, I can still feel dust sitting on my eyelids and lashes.  I have so far amassed two tubs full of yard-sale-ables and I have yet to seriously scratch the surface of my home.  Magazines, books, and drawers have been purged, clothes reorganized, and the massive amount of toiletries I have has astounded me. I do believe that I have enough lotion and hair products to last me for over a year.  This is yet another wake up call.  Mindlessly spending money is not the business. Today's agenda consists of me installing a new porch light fixture since my electrician told me that the old one is faulty, recycling a lot of plastic, purging the magazines in my bedroom, organizing my service porch and kitchen, and sanding my front door to prep it for painting.  Oh, and if I'm not too exhausted I'll also shred old bills and receipts. I figure at the rate things have been going, I won't be done deep cleaning this house and completing all of my projects until the end of April, which is perfectly fine with me.  I love my home.

2 comments:

trE said...

I can see you now making all of these changes to your home and as I read this entry, I could not do anything but smile. Good luck this weekend cleaning your home :)

Me said...

It's going slooowwwwly, Tre, lol. My trash bin is overflowing, yet my house still looks full. I underestimated just how much cleaning I'd be doing/need to do. But it feels good to de-clutter my life and living space, that's for sure.