Friday, August 16, 2013


My last day of yoga was awful. First of all, I was anxious about going because I'd missed two sessions - one due to sheer laziness, and the second week it completely slipped my mind. So this past Wednesday I was on a mission to be zen. However, when I got in the studio and found out that we would be giving one another foot massages, I was anything but. I wanted to jump up and run the hell out of there. How disgusting! I didnt want to touch a strangers feet! All I kept thinking about was that episode of Martin when Shanehneh went "to town" on Marva's feet at the nail shop with a hand saw, or a grinder. After he announced that we'd be giving foot massages, I couldnt concentrate on the rest of the session and I certainly couldnt find enjoyment in anything that we did. It was a complete bust. And I ended up massaging the crusty, dusty feet of a fat white girl. Her heels felt like a cross between a brillo pad and a brick. And the rest of her foot was just a fat, dry, loaf of flesh :( Absolutely revolting. On top of that, he had us holding impossible poses for far too long, and then rolling our bodies across that hard, bamboo floor back and forth. My left breast is still sore. I think I may have discovered a lump this morning, too. If it's not gone by next week I'm going to the doctor. So then, towards the end of the class he began his sales pitch and completely lost me. At which point I said to myself "Val, you came, you saw, you know what the hoopla is about"...not much, really.

No comments: