Wednesday, November 25, 2009

I'm not making cheesecake anymore for Thanksgiving

I make it every year and I don't know how I always forget (until I've already started making it) that it hogs up the oven for over two hours. I have a big pan full of peaches and dough ready to be turned into cobbler, just sitting on the counter restlessly. But the cheesecake has to cool in the oven before I can remove it and let it chill in the fridge for 3-4 hours. It's already been in the oven for an hour. I don't know why I do this to myself every year. But I'll tell you one thing, this is going to be one BANGING Thanksgiving! Our matriarch, my mama, is getting old so for the past 6 years or so we've been helping her prepare the feast. She continues to make the main dishes because we don't want to take that joy away from her, but we usually make the sides and desserts. Soooo, I'm making candied yams, potato salad, homemade rolls, a caramel apple cheesecake, a pound cake, and a big pan of peach cobbler. And do you know with all those sweets on the menu I forgot to buy a few more gallons of vanilla ice cream? :( I currently only have one so I'll be heading to the grocery store before I drive down to Mama Dukes tomorrow.
I've been putting on karaoke in my living room in between cooking:
Cause youre a sweeeet sexy thang!
and you make my whole heart sang!
and there's nothing in this world I wouldn't DOOOoo OooOoo!
I'm JUST A SUCKA FOR YOUR LOVE!! SUCKA FA LOoooVE!
doot doot dootoot toot!
lol
My brown t-shirt is covered in...food. Looking down I see cornstarch, flour, peach juice, and some sticky substance I can't quite place.
Happy Thanksgiving :)

No comments: