Friday, August 6, 2010

A few, uh...bunch of things

- I've decided to straighten my hair for the photo shoot. They say hair and makeup will be minimal, whatever that means, and to come well-groomed. I'm not taking any chances on getting someone who is all thumbs with my hair, so I'm straightening it.

- I made pad thai last night and it wasn't good. It was edible but nothing I'd want to eat again :( I'm going to keep trying.

- Since the folks over at Disneyland have lost their ever-loving minds with this price hike, we'll be going to Knotts instead. The last time I went to Disneyland was about two years ago on my birthday because I got in for free, and when we arrived I commented on the new parking structure to one of their employees who told me that it had been erected many years ago, lol. Oh. I guess when or if I ever return, they'll have made many, many more changes. But at $76 a ticket, I doubt I'll ever go back. Part of me wants to write them a nasty letter for exploiting children but I doubt anyone would care and nothing would change. I'll just never support them in any way again. There is no way they can justify their prices when other amusement parks operate just fine for a fraction of their admission fee and a fraction of the amount of visitors they see daily.

- I don't think I'll be going to Jamaica with my friend and her friend. For the longest I was wondering why they kept insisting on using a travel agent when we could, and did, find better deals on our own without having to pay someone to do it for us. Well, the other day she tells me it's because we can pay the travel agent monthly on a payment plan. I told her we could do the same thing with a credit card. And that's when she finally confessed that both of them are completely maxed out on their credit cards and heavily in debt. Naturally, I asked why on earth they were trying to go to Jamaica if they owed so much money already and were broke, to which she replies "We can make it happen. We'll be alright. J just came back from Brazil. She makes it happen all the time."
Call me a goody-two-shoes if you want, but I have NEVER ever maxed out my credit limit on any card. And if I had I damn sure wouldn't be ignoring it and making plans for an expensive trip out of the country. That is totally irresponsible. What happens if we get stranded somewhere, go broke, run out of travelers checks or cash? Yeah, no.

1 comment:

trE said...

I think you've made the right decision with not going to Jamaica with your friends, especially when funds seems to be an issue for both of them. As for your hair, I'm sure any method you choose will work perfectly for you :)