Tuesday, August 10, 2010

How am I unbound?

I'm supposed to be writing a paragraph about how I am "unbound" for this coffee table book that I'll be taking a half naked picture for on Saturday, and I have no idea what to say. How the hell am I unbound? lol. Ugh. I need to get unWound and ARound all this mumbo jumbo trying to cloud my life. My brain has been on mush-mode all this month and part of last month but I have to crank something out of it by tomorrow for this book. Just one measly paragraph. So far, my rough draft contains all sorts of feel good cliche bullshit. Okay, not quite bullshit, lol. But definitely cliche. I'm going to scrap it and start over this afternoon while spending my lunch in the quiet confines of my car.

What I really would rather be doing is exploring this big blue world of ours. I need to get away. Lately, my favorite magazine is the free AAA mag that they send me for being a member, and Conde Nasts' Travel magazine. All I watch on TV, aside from home remodeling shows and The Closer...oh, and Memphis Beat, is the Travel Channel; Anthony Bourdain and Samantha Brown, particularly. I miss my boo, Dhani terribly, too. I hope they bring his show back for another season. It was kind of great to me.
I think for now, since funds are on the low side and time is short, I'll just stick to planning day and weekend trips all around town - the greater Los Angeles area and its surroundings. There's plenty to see and do and, even after having lived here my whole life thus far, I still haven't seen all there is to see. Thankfully.

So my "unbound" paragraph will likely center around body image and acceptance of what I've got. I think.

2 comments:

rashad said...

This has nothing to do with what you wrote, but your entry reminded me of this great, sexually charged movie: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0115736/

Me said...

That's going in the Netflix que. Thanks! I've never even heard of this movie before, I don't think.