Sunday, August 8, 2010

Friday, Saturday, and Sunday

After work on Friday, Mr. EC asked me to go out clubbing with her. I'd been giving her the freeze for so long and turning her down that she put the guilt trip on me and made me promise. I don't break promises unless I absolutely have to. So I went home and cooked an early dinner so that I didn't feel or look bloated later, took a catnap and vowed to just make the best of the night. It couldn't be worse than last week with my glamour shot friend, I rationalized. Even though I wasn't even remotely prepared to be going out. My hair was a mess, I'd cancelled my waxing appointment until two days before my upcoming photo shoot so my legs had stubble and I was not hairless and sexy. Thank goodness it was dark and I wasn't trying to catch any male attention. Just dance (c) Lady Gaga, which is what we sort of did. We went to this really nicely decorated, trendy, super Hollywood spot called My Studio, and was let in ahead of a bunch of desperate people in line (I hate Hollywood's club scene for that) because EC knew Anthony Quinn's son, who is a promoter.
She bought me a bunch of Malibu Rum + Pineapple juice drinks that I sipped carefully, hoping not to get drunk because I knew I'd be driving home alone. She, on the other hand, got toasted. All this week at work she's been wide eyed and dreamy over this 22 year old guy she can't stop talking about. She spent a good portion of the night texting him, too.
About an hour spent at My Studio and she was ready to leave. "Let's get a cab and go down the street to Playhouse!" she yelled at me over the oontz oontz music. So we left, walking out looking like a couple of rock stars, flagged a cab on the opposite side of the street like we were in New York, and ran across Hollywood Blvd. in high heels to hop in. Then my fun began to subside.

I spent my Saturday laughing and screaming at Knott's Berry Farm. We did what you'd expect anyone to do at an amusement park - we rode rides, walked a lot, ate junk, screamed, laughed, howled at our after-ride pictures, and went home. I slept until 12:30pm on Sunday and then watched Kick Ass with my son.
Around 7pm, we went to Real Food Daily for some delicious vegan grub in West Hollywood and I dropped 90 bucks into the register. Ouch. But it was my guy friends' bday and I felt kind of like splurging. $15 meals, $6 apple juices, $8 desserts, $12 "Not-chos"...yeah, vegan food is super expensive. Then we rode around Hollywood to avoid freeway traffic and, as a passenger, I wished like hell that I had brought my camera with me. So many things worth taking a picture of. It's such a treat to notice the details when you're not driving. Next time though.
We stopped at Amoeba Records and I almost bought a bunch of stuff but he said he could get all of my choices for me for free, so I put them all back in the racks. We left and I resumed my sight seeing and reminiscing as a passenger, which is a rarity for me.
I love L.A. So much cultural diversity all rolled into one big city.
Now I'm home and utterly exhausted. About to finally finish reading Eat Pray Love before the movie opens next week. Goodnight.

No comments: