Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Immortalize my shit

About a week ago, my glamour shot friend sent me an email flier for a pretty well-known supermodel’s upcoming photo book. The flier was looking for a diverse group of women to participate in a photo shoot for potentially being included in the book. The deal was: submit a photo and your payment of $100 to be considered. If chosen, you will receive professional hair and makeup and a private photo shoot with *world renown photographer (who shall remain nameless for now). If, after the shoot, your picture is chosen to be included in the book, you’ll get your money back and you’ll get your photos for free. If your picture is not chosen, you’ll have gotten hair, makeup and a professional photo shoot on the beach by *world renown photographer, and the experience of a lifetime.

Of course, the skeptic in me was like, eh. But my friend was gung ho and talked me into submitting my photo, saying, albeit somewhat jokingly, that if I got chosen and she didn’t she would be “maaaaaad as hell.”

As you can probably tell by now I GOT SELECTED! OmyGOD! OmyGOD! OmyGOD! I have no idea if my friend got selected, though. I sent her a text about 30 minutes ago and she hasn’t replied yet. Eitherwhoo…Yit-ti-deee!

Wow. I'm still skeptical, lol. I probably won't believe it until it happens and I have my pictures in-hand. (I've been ripped off before :( Damn Chinese bootleggers) Wish me luck!! :D

2 comments:

rashad said...

Good luck to you my friend!

trE said...

Good luck lady... :) You'll be just fine though, I can feel it!