Friday, January 6, 2012

Another year around the Sun

I’m trying to figure out what I want to do for my birthday in two weeks.  Disneyland would be cool but the only person I can get to go with me on a Friday has to be picked up in L.A., which means I’ll be a driving sommamab*tch going from Pasadena to L.A. to Anaheim, then back to L.A. and Pasadena after a long day of running around like a big ol’ kid.  Once I considered all that, I thought maybe I’d get a massage and a mani/pedi, instead.  But that’s expensive and I’m not sure it’s even worth the money.  Maybe just the mani/pedi, but not all three. And then I thought that I could sure use a lobster dinner at my favorite seafood restaurant, but then that’s just dinner, nothing exciting and nothing new.  So now I’m thinking that maybe I’ll do all of that – get a mani/pedi, have my lobster dinner, and go to Disneyland.  I think I deserve it.  It won’t top last years’ birthday in San Francisco, but it’ll certainly come close.  Man, I love San Francisco.  I want one of those Victorian “Painted Lady” looking houses for myself before I leave this Earth.  I wish I could afford to travel right now.  I’d go to New Orleans.  Or maybe Italy, or Jamaica.  Disneyland will have to do for now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like the idea of you doing all three. Treat yourself, I'm sure you definitely deserve it :)