Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Forgetting people

Sometimes, I get so caught up in my thoughts that I forget to be social. My focus is completing my to-do list and then, when everything has been ticked off and I'm all done, I get bored and remember that I've forgotten somebody. A friend of mines wants me to go with her to a swanky new hotel bar for happy hour and I keep forgetting. Or I'm too tired by the end of my workday. I'm not 25 anymore. My energy is scarce these days. Another friend of mines just moved into a new place and I have yet to visit. I've been meaning to take my mom and niece downtown for about a month, now. The other day I did a breakdown of my time and confirmed that I have none. 8 hours sleeping, 9-10 getting to work and actually working, 1-2 cooking dinner and eating it, 1 hour exercising &/or vegging out, 3 hours reading, writing, planning, showering, and prepping for bed. Thats it and thats all, folks. But my bills are all paid on time, my yard is neat, my house is clean, the laundry has been washed and folded AND put away, and I'm 4 chapters into one of the three new books that I'm currently reading. If I am to become a social butterfly, something's got to give. I just need to figure out what.

No comments: