Sunday, January 15, 2012

I reserve the right to change my mind

I'm non committal these days. Some nights I'll pick out clothes to wear the following morning to work, but then when daybreak comes I end up going whichever direction I feel at the moment. And it may not be to wear tights and a skirt if I'm feeling cold and want to dress warm and cozy. My mood dictates my action and direction. Yesterday I had planned to string lights on my pergola, but after running around town all morning I was so tired when I returned home that I ended up spending the rest of the day on the couch. I accepted a birthday party invite earlier this month, although now I'm reconsidering going. Depends on what id rather do more when the time comes. Partying is not a priority. Although, it might be conducive to meeting someone interesting. Hmm, we'll see how interested I am in meeting someone new when the night of the party finally arrives.
There are very few things that I've made up my mind about and I'm perfectly okay with that. I prefer to fly by the seat of my pants, to wait and see where I'll be next, once I turn whatever corner I decide to take. I don't think life was meant to be written in ink anyway. Who truly has concrete plans? No one. What if tomorrow never comes? I want to have spent my days doing what I feel like doing and not living according to a plan that may or may not bring me joy, which, as far as I can see, is my raison d'etre. So all my plans are written in pencil. I don't have a do or die deadline to complete them. I'll get around to things when and if I feel like it, when it feels right. Or not at all. Thats life. I think it's best to take it day by day.

2 comments:

trE said...

I'm the planner who meets or exceeds her plan and rarely ever changes, but... when I do change my mind, it's way more extreme than the plan. I often wonder why that is, but now I've gotten so adapted, I don't even question it anymore.

Me said...

I have a 5 year plan. It's written in pencil and is subject to change at any moment. I mean, life is subject to change at any moment so I have to be flexible. I have goals I'd like to reach but the path I'm taking to get there is a little windy (sp?) . It's not a straight shot from point A to B. There are pit stops along the way, window shopping, and lots of curves, hills, and valleys. But I've never not gotten to where ever it is I've aimed to go. I enjoy it better when things aren't so strict and unwavering.