Sunday, October 14, 2012

I think I'm coming down with something.  Either that or I am majorly exhausted.  My eyes burn and ache deep in their sockets.  That can't be good.  Today I drove all the way out to Thousand Oaks to visit a friend and hang out with a few other women.  One hour driving 70 mph in one direction.  It was indeed a trek.  But she's worth it.  It just sucks that the best of my friends are always so far away in this stretched out city. The drive back at 6 p.m. was beautiful, watching the sunlight leave its final streaks across hills, valley's and mountains. We sat outside by the pool, sipping various drinks, eating Thai food, watching her two bunnies hop around, and talking for hours.  I'm hoping that's why my eyes hurt and it's not because I'm coming down with something. I have too much to do to be sick right now.  No time to be out of commission.
I'm thinking about cutting all of my hair off and starting over.  I haven't lost my mind just yet, lol. I'm just trying to go natural and since I've been straightening my curls w/ a flat iron or some other type of heating device for the past 20 years, my hair is no longer as healthy as it used to be.  I've almost destroyed it so the curl pattern is not so much curly anymore.  It's wavy and straight and all out of whack.  In addition to having a healthy head of hair, I'd also like a healthier body so I'm going to slowly start to change my diet, which means I'm cutting out fast food first and foremost.  Eliminating sugar will undoubtedly be the hardest but I aim to do it.  I've gotten so out of shape and unhealthy, and I'd really rather not live my last days aching and paining or about to die of a heart attack.  I need my stamina and my waistline back.  I don't want to be a whale.
It's 10:30.  I can't fight it any longer; I'm going to bed.

No comments: