Sunday, October 28, 2012

Foreign businessmen

I returned the video cameras I'd purchased and was going to place outside my house to spy on potential criminals with, like my neighbors.  The instructions were written in broken English.  I couldn't understand what the hell I was supposed to be doing with those cameras and, while reading the instruction manual and having flashbacks of my last unfavorable dealings with the Chinese over a pair of fake Ugg boots, I suddenly wanted my $205 dollars back, immediately.  I submitted my request for a refund through Amazon and, as expected, I got an email wanting to know why I wanted my money back:

 Sorry for the inconvenience caused by this.
>    Did you feel difficult to setup it up? Here have a video of how to setup and set the remote viewing for your information:

Also, we can arrange our tech-support to contact to help you solve the problem you meet. Did you need our tech-support to help you ?

Yeah, no. I can't do business with a business that sends emails like this. If I can't understand you, we cannot communicate properly. And if we cannot communicate properly, someone will be misunderstood.  And if one of us misunderstands the other, then I have no faith that my needs will be met, therefore, you aren't getting my money.  Furthermore, if I suspect that you are operating in another country, I will assume that you can and will run off with my money leaving me high and dry with no legal leg to stand on. How can I force someone in China to give me my money back? Psht, I won't be waiting around for that answer, sorry.
If I happen to change my mind about installing surveillance cameras around my house I'll go buy them from Costco, instead.  So my neighbors are safe from my wrath...for now.

No comments: