Sunday, October 7, 2012

My mom called at 10 am to say they'd be over by noon. I'd just sat up in bed at 10 am. It's a Sunday, I really dont feel like entertaining. I have too much to do today. Stuff that I didnt get done yesterday because they threw me off, calling me up at 8am to say that they'd be over by 10am so that I could help rent a car. I'm slightly annoyed and dont want to be bothered. So I called my mom back and asked if they could come by at 4pm instead, I have too much to do. She said okay. Now I'm on the gotdamn clock and have to make sure I'm done with everything I need to do by 4 friggin o'clock. Ugh. I hate being rushed, especially on my weekends. I spend all week rushing around until I finally go to bed; the last thing I want to do is spend my weekends rushing around. I havent been to the farmers market snce we got our dog in June. I havent been on a leisurely walk around my neighborhood by myself, without a dog pulling me since June. I'm tired of this shit. Yesterday I spent $101 dollars at Petco. All I bought was dog food and snacks for one dog. Clearly, I need to be in the dog business. My house never stays clean now that my son has graduated and hasnt found a job but adopted a needy dog, instead. I feel like I've started parenting all over again. I'm fantasizing about the day when they both move out and I can redecorate without them messing stuff up. I might even be able to buy a light colored sofa. I love everyone I'm complaining about but whats love got to do with it? Love is why I'm frustrated. If it werent for love, I wouldnt be $101 dollars lighter and complaining about it, I'd have a light colored sofa, and I'd have my weekends and farmers market runs back. I'd better get up, shower, wash blow dry and flat iron my hair, so that I can run to Target, Ralph's, Marshall's, Ross, the ATM, and the UPS store before 4 o'clock. Next weekend, I'm taking my life back.

No comments: