Sunday, August 2, 2009

I bought baby shoes today

And it made me feel so good inside. There were kids all over the store, trying on shoes, running around, dancing, spinning, happy, singing, kindly requesting balloons (one little Asian girl said "May I have an extra balloon for my sister, please?") and it was the sweetest thing. For a good 10 minutes, I wanted to have a baby again. Then I walked over to the handbag section and snapped out of it.
I went to Nordstrom because today was the last day of their sale and since Christopher will be turning 1 in a couple of weeks and walking, I decided to buy him shoes. There is something about miniature shoes and clothes that turns my motherly instincts on full blast. They are the cutest things.

Here's Chris (he grabs my hair and/or face and open mouth kisses me on sight. It's so gross yet funny to me.)








and here are the shoes I decided to buy him for his birthday (sooo cute!)

4 comments:

trE said...

Oh my goodness! Whose little one is this? He is absolutely too adorable for words... I want to pinch those cheeks! Great choice in sneaks too :)

Me said...

Thanks! Chris is my cousins baby. He's El Salvadorian and Black but he thinks he's 100% Black, lol. For some reason, he will go to and talk to _every_ Black person we encounter but he screams and cries with "others". Even his mothers family. It's weird.

Anonymous said...

The baby is really cute. Still the shoes are too big for your baby's foot. Anyways the baby shoes are quite good.

Me said...

Thank you. I ordered him a size 5, which is his correct shoe size. I have no idea what size the shoe in the picture is. It was just an example.