Friday, August 21, 2009

Me and the Bee

Today as I walked out of my building for lunch I was attacked by a great, big, black bee. At least I think it was a bee. It was certainly big and black and buzzing. I was wearing a dress and heels today because we had a client meeting (I'm usually in flats and something less stiffy) and as soon as I stepped out into the sunshine and the parking lot I was greeted by a fat, pesky bee all in my face like it was trying to land on my nose. My first reaction was to lean back and kind of shoo at it, thinking it would realize I wasn't a flower or a tree and buzz off. But it kept coming and buzzing towards my face! There were tons of people in that parking lot and all eyes were on me. So I tried to play it off and took a few steps back, nervously smiling for my audience. But it STILL wouldn't fly away. In fact, it buzzed really loudly around my head and then darted at my face again so I ducked, screamed and ran off clutching my purse. Rudy, the guy from Operations yelled out "Run Val! RUN!" and I did. So fast that I almost came out of my shoes, lol. Finally, I managed to evade my nemesis and began walking to my car. A woman walking by me said "You weren't going to let him get you, huh?" :/ It was so embarrassing. I gave quite a few people a good laugh, including an old lady in a wheel chair who clapped and smiled at me as I walked by her and her nurse. :)

2 comments:

rashad said...

This story could have gone a different direction, so i'm glad everything worked out smoothly

trE said...

LOL... I can see you now shooing at the bee and giving it this, "Not now, fucker" look... Oh man, I bet that was classic...