Tuesday, August 4, 2009

More kitchen pictures

As promised, here are some more pictures of my itty bitty kitchen. When I purchased my stainless steel fridge I thought it was much too pretty to be cluttered up with refrigerator magnets. So I downsized my collection of magnets considerably and placed my favorites (the ones I couldn't bear to part with) on the side rather than on the front of the door. Below are pics of my cookie jar, liquid soap dispensers that are shaped like a hamburger, hotdog and strawberry shake, my cabinets in progress, and a few other knick knacks.
Update on the wall: New York wallpaper Company finally got back to me about my wallpaper roll and, just as I feared, the roll was discontinued in December 2008. I just missed it.










jukebox cookie jar, menu holder, and refrigerator magnets










When you press the door on this little diner magnet a waitress says "BLT! Hold the mayo! Whoops!" and then she drops what sounds like a tray full of food and dishes.











Cheese spreaders that look like a bbq grill, hotdog, hamburgers, and ketchup, aprons I made for me and my son (when he was little and liked to cook. Now all he likes to do is eat). I'm working on painting the cabinets red.








2 comments:

trE said...

You really are heavy into the diner theme and it definitely suits you... I digs it. :)

Me said...

I had to do something with that ugly kitchen. And one thing led to another with the diner stuff. A friend of mines got excited over the idea and would randomly bring me things she'd picked up while out shopping so my collection of items has grown exponentially. I do love it's homely, American charm though. I just wish a had a larger space to play with :(