Friday, June 25, 2010

He's been spending the night every weekend

And it's getting old. I want my bed back, I want my freedom. Yesterday, he stopped by and I let him overhear me talking about my friends bonfire party this weekend at the beach so that he knows I have plans this weekend that don't include him. He's antisocial so he'd never want to go but I'll invite him anyway for good measure ;) Things have been good between us but I can feel the tension from time to time, like an argument is brewing. We'll disagree about something minor and rather than full out challenge me like he used to, he'll hold back because he knows it could lead to him being 86'd and there are way too many perks at my house that he doesn't want to lose :) It's okay that we disagree at times, just know when to fold 'em and walk away like I do. We'll agree to disagree and that's perfectly fine. I never have been one to enjoy arguing. Not every issue warrants a battle so pick and choose wisely.
Anyway, I need a break but I'm not sure how to tell him this without him taking it the wrong way. Ugh.

3 comments:

rashad said...

Just tell him..look, you're cool, you're special and I like you, but the weekends are mine (and Michelob's) and sometime I need a good night sleep in my own bed. I mean he should be able to understand that.

Me said...

LOL @ mine and Michelob's. I enjoy spending time with him most weekends so I don't want him dropping out of sight entirely. I just need him to fall back a little. I'm going to work it out, somehow. ;)

trE said...

I'm with Rashad... I mean, you guys are both grown| adults, if you will, and this type of thing should be understood.