Tuesday, June 15, 2010

I've had an abundance of great days lately...

...that I've neglected to write about. Sorry. Haven't felt like writing much so here's the rundown:
1. As it turns out, *Irwin wasn't behaving badly. His teacher was. We thought he'd ditched a class because his teacher had forgotten that he and another boy were working on a project FOR HER CLASS in the library, so she mistakenly marked him absent. And we were JUST about to inflict corporal punishment on him. "Oops" was all she had to say when confronted. Boy, if I wasn't civilized...

2. I still took *Irwin's phone, demanded the password, and went through it. What I found shook me to my core. One of his oldest and closest friends - they go back to third grade - just took Ecstasy :( He recently moved to the Inland Empire and met "a cute lil white girl" who gave him a brownie with it baked inside. I am dying to tell his super church-going father but I can't. He swore my son to secrecy and I'm not sure it's my business. What to do? what to do!? And how do I ensure that my son NEVER gets influenced? Oh man.

3. My ex has a theory that my son is slacking in school because all he can think about is "Coochie! Coochie! Coochie!" :/ I think he is correct.

4. I think I have a boyfriend. We went to sushi happy hour, got some frozen yogurt, and then went to the movies the other day. He sat through Sex and the City, two. Before that, we went to the museum and talked shit about European art (why does damn near every woman have a titty hanging out? lol). He cooked me dinner twice last week, too. I'm thoroughly enjoying his company. We've hung out three weekends in a row so far, and the only reason we aren't hanging out this weekend is because I have plans to hang out with a long lost girlfriend.
There's more but I'm being lazy.

5. Facebook does it again! I was found by an old high school girlfriend. We met in the tenth grade and were like rice and beans (inseparable) until my ex best friend shoved a wedge between us. Anyway, she sent me a private message, we added one another to our friends' list, I called her and ran off at the mouth, and the next day she texted me asking to hang out. So we're meeting each other in Santa Clarita this weekend - halfway between her home in Lancaster, and mine in Pasadena. I can hardly wait. It's been almost 20 years! (I'm aging myself, lol)

6. My son is passing every class this semester...despite having coochie on his brain. HALLELUJAH! It's by the grace of God, no doubt.

7. Just one hour ago, I completed something very near and dear to me. It was a long and exhausting road but I made it in one piece, standing tall. I'm so proud of me.

That's all I can think of right now. More tomorrow.

No comments: