Monday, July 12, 2010

Blah

I am not bright eyed and bushy tailed this morning. You’d think I spent my weekend swinging from a chandelier, but nope. We went to the movies, dinner, and breakfast, but otherwise it was a pretty quiet and relaxed two days, 3 nights. I’m hoping the French toast that I just got from the cafeteria will help to liven me up a bit. As it stands, I feel like doo doo on a stick – unpleasant, disgusting and pointless. If it weren’t for this gig, I’d still be buried up to my neck in covers with the fan blasting on me, groggy and unable to seize the day, as I don’t typically get out of bed for anything less than my wage or a good time. So, thinking of my bills and the prospect of good times to come, I have forced myself up and out and here I sit, waiting for this severe case of the Monday’s to pass.

About my weekend: We saw Despicable Me and although I am truly sick of this 3-D craze, I really enjoyed the movie (when it was in focus). It wasn’t long enough, in my opinion, though. But it felt complete, didn’t drag on like Toy Story 3 did, and the characters were all well thought out. …except the dog. I still don’t quite get the dog but there weren’t but a handful of scenes with him/it in it so I wasn’t too bothered by him/it. I think that was a dog, lol. I suppose that was the point. Nobody knew what the hell that thing was.

Anyway, blah. Two hours on the grind and I still feel like crap. I hope nobody comes along to ride my nerves.

No comments: