Thursday, July 8, 2010

Randomness

I’m losing the hair battle. Today my hair is pinned up in a librarian’s bun because I’ve run out of styling ideas and have grown tired of my usual curly styles. I want to straighten my hair so so bad but I’m not giving up just yet. This weekend I plan to experiment a bit with it and surf the net for new styles.

My friend found a photographer for our glamour shots. She says that he charges $100 for 100 pictures, which includes hair and make up if we want it. She thinks that’s too expensive. Frankly, I don’t trust anyone willing to do hair and makeup AND photos for under $200 bucks. I understand the economy isn’t doing so well and people are struggling to bring home the bacon, but that’s sheer insanity. What kind of make up is he using, stuff bought from the .99 cent store?? I can only imagine what manner of clown face this guy would give me. So, yeah, no, I’ll pass on that one. I asked if he had sample photos we could see and I’m waiting to hear back.

I told my mother about the 60 year old perv and last Friday’s incident. She said that years ago, when we were kids, my older cousin told her that he’d attempted some perversion with her as well. We were all at a slumber party hosted by his daughter at their home. My cousin was about 16 years old at the time and dumped with us kiddies for the party. While we were all snoozing on a pallet on the floor, she said that she woke up to him slowly lifting the covers at our feet in the middle of the night. So she started moving around and kicking, pretending to still be asleep but moving so much that she threatened to wake me, who was lying right next to her. Eventually, he dropped the covers and left but ever since then and until this very day she has been leery of him. She’s about to turn 41 this month. I wish I had known this years ago.

More jazz in the park this year. We bought tickets to the annual jazz fest around my way for next weekend and I’m really looking forward to it. They say that this new park that they’ve decided to host it at has personal hot tubs you can rent. I doubt I’ll be sitting in a hot tub while watching/listening to the show but I am curious. I may post pictures.

I want to go back to Hawaii. I missed some spots. I know I said that I wasn’t happy with Waikiki because it felt like I’d traveled in a big circle and ended up right back at the beach in LA, but the rest of the island, the parts that we drove to, were so magnificent. And I just know that the parts that we missed were even better. This time I’d like to stay on the North Shore of the island at Turtle Bay. Or maybe I’d stay in Waikiki again since there are more hotel options and close proximity to the airport, and then just drive around everywhere. But ideally, I’d stay in a timeshare. That’s my goal! To buy a timeshare in Hawaii J I still have Kauai, the big island, Lanai, and Maui to visit. And I’m still kicking myself for not finding the restaurant where Adam Sandler met “Lucy” in 50 First Dates, and for not trying Poi, among other things

No comments: