Thursday, September 30, 2010

Yes, ma'am

I'm starting to get a little annoyed with Mr. Ed Choppers. She is incredibly shallow and it is taking everything in me not to be very frank with her. For one thing, she's way too damn old to be as hung up on partying as she is. The occasional club here or there is okay, but Wednesdy through Monday nights? After a while, it gets old, no? I mean, just how much flossing and fronting on the dance floor can one stand? She's at least 38 and it seems that all she cares about is trying to impress a bunch of fakes. Once you get crows feet around your eyes, gray hair, and a witch nose you really need to start at least trying to act mature…lest you look like a fool. Okay, that was mean, but I digress...

She doesn’t want to hear the truth. She wants a “yes, ma’am,” someone who tells her what she wants to hear. I’ve dealt with her type before. My cousin loves a “yes, ma’am.” It’s usually the ones who make the dumbest decisions in life who do. Anyway, it’s become glaringly obvious that the 22 year old guy she’s been giggling over does not like her the way she likes him. He’s a club promoter, drives a used Honda Civic, and lives with his parents. He’s looking for young fun, not an old disco-hopping cougar who can’t even be a sugar mama because her credit is bad and she still lives at home with her parents. They’ve already had sex (within the first two weeks of meeting) and he’s already told her that he’s not feeling her, even though he still calls from time to time to stroke her ego and to see if she and her disco pals will come to something he is being paid to promote. No dates, no real pursuit, not even a nibble of what’s she’s putting out there. Just “bring your Hollywood pals and party gals so that I can up my rep as a promoter.” Now, this is a no-brainer for me but she’s intent on rocking a big pair of Kanye sun blockers. He’s told her, directly, that she’s “weird” and “too player” for him. She told him to quit playing; he knows he’s in love with her. To which he replied “hardly”. So why is she so hard to convince? Welp, I think it’s because she doesn’t want to admit to herself that she needs to hang up her clear pumps and begin to act her age. Her ego is teetering on a tightrope and the reality of her situation is staring her in the face. In so many words, I’ve told her that he’s using her, being careful not to mention what's even more obvious - that she’s damn near 40 and still lives with her parents. Yet she continues to forward me emails from her “yes ma’am’s” who tell her that he likes her and is just playing games/being coy, etc. And she continues to come to me for input every single time he texts her, as if she's trying to prove to me that he likes her. So I’ve given up telling her the truth. If it’s a lie she wants, she won’t get that from me either. From here on out if she insists on telling me more about him loving her I’ll just nod and smile. I don’t want to see her hurt but she’s refusing to save herself.

No comments: