Sunday, November 7, 2010

About two hours ago, I showered, curled my hair (the entire HEAD! And it was CUTE!), put on some eyeshadow, mascara, bronzer and lip gloss. Then I poured myself into this really cute spandex striped dress that gathers on the sides (ruched?), put on some high heels and strutted out of my hotel room...only to strut right back in an hour later, disgusted. It's midnight and I'm in my pajama's, on the computer. Any other Saturday night this wouldn't be an issue, except this Saturday night I'm in Las Vegas, the city that never sleeps. But guess what I'm about to be doing in, oh, about 20 more minutes? Yes, sleeping.
I'm so disgusted. And I'm never doing this again. We were supposed to go dancing, just like last year, and have a good time. Just like last year! But instead they wanted to go downtown and gamble. I hate downtown Vegas. It stinks, usually. It's depressing and full of bums. And I'm not big on gambling either.
I feel like I've wasted a weekend. Who goes to Vegas and doesn't party? Ugh. Nobody better not ask me to drive home tomorrow, either. I'm putting in my ear buds and listening to my ipod all the way home. The ice grill will be cocked and loaded.
Good night. I hope your Saturday is better than mines.

2 comments:

trE said...

I was thinking who goes to Las Vegas and doesn't gamble? This is definitely a place I know I probably couldn't handle or would want to be in, especially since I'm not a big partier or gambler. Sorry your not wasn't what you expected lady. :(

Me said...

Vegas has a little something for everybody. I only gamble a teensy bit ($10 might be my max, lol) but I love to eat and shop there, and Bellagio's water show, the volcano at Mirage, and the Pirate show at Treasure Island (all outdoor shows) are fantastic and worth a visit every time, for me. Then there are rollercoasters at some hotels, you can ride up the "Eiffel" tower at Paris (hotel), etc. etc. And most of their clubs in the hotels are free and fun. Then you go back to your room and veg the f*ck out, lol. Trust me, there's enough to see and do for everybody. Just depends on what you like.