Sunday, November 14, 2010

Sunday night musings

- I should be sleeping.

- What causes that flat booty w/ the lump on the top? I saw a lady with this the other day limping across the street. Her ass cliffed and then sloped :( I fear this. What is that?! muscle loss? too much sitting? oh, dios mio, I pray I am never afflicted with it.

- it's kind of refreshing when you realize that someone you used to have a major crush on is now a dork. No, this is not a reflection on me and my choice in love interests because I was fooled into thinking he was the business. But uncovered he is essentially a doofus :) and that empowers me because I used to feel so intimidated. HA! Not anymore jack! Kiss the ring, sucka!

- I have a good kid and I encourage him to speak up and express himself. He's not as vocal as I am, which might be a good thing, lol, but he's not a passive pip squeak either. I bought him a new phone for his birthday and he has programmed it to say "What's gooood, n*gggggaaaaa!?" from the cartoon The Boondocks, every time he gets a text message...which is often. I'm conflicted. I probably wouldn't be if I weren't sick of hearing that sh*t.

- I need a few new friends. I feel myself slipping away from some of my current ones who are either behaving too young or too old. For instance, one does nothing but play games on Facebook all day, needing four more pies or what have you for her virtual bakery, and the other does nothing but behave like a 22 year old. I don't tweet and crocheting puts me to sleep. Then there are the friends who actually are still wading through their twenties so they behave thusly and have no clue about beans. What am I to do? Don't get me wrong, I love them all dearly. I just need some like-minded folks to vibe with every now and then.

- This new chick at my job has stirred up a fashion frenzy within me. She comes to work everyday put together so...cute, that it has inspired me to actually put some effort into my look daily. Whereas before I worked with nothing but slobs who don't know fuchsia from mauve, a blazer from a suit jacket, and never inspired me to be anything but comfortable. I was one step away from petitioning to HR to wear sweats to work. Yes, it was bad. But then along came this racially ambiguous chick with great style and a fantastic manicure and voila! I'm pulling out 5 inch heels that I usually only wear on very special occasions and rocking them all day at work, pinstripes and blazers and cigarette skirts, oh my! She has invited me to go thrifting with her one day and I think I may have accepted a bit too eagerly, lol. I hope I haven't ruined what could prove to be a very beneficial new friendship for me. I've been trying to play it cool ever since, lol.

- Serioulsy? Like... I need a handsome penis with a very nice man attached to it. It'd be nice if he could look like Don Lemon from CNN and be handy in the kitchen like Chef Ramsey. What? A girl can dream.

- Okay, it's 10:43pm...on a Sunday. I really ought to try to be sleeping right now. Good night.

2 comments:

rashad said...

a handsome penis with a very nice man attached? its not the other way around?

you need to move to DC. the lady and i could be your new friends, and then my son would have a friend when he stays with me...WIN-WIN!

Me said...

At that moment, penis trumped all. Penis was heavy on the brain. Now that I'm fully awake, naturally, I'd be thrilled if the man could be just as handsome, but I wasn't being picky. lol

If I leave California I firmly believe that my family would become unhinged w/out me. I may have to wait until my son moves out and take my mother with me if I move. I would like to visit DC, though. It's on my list of places to see and do.