Sunday, November 21, 2010

Lazy Sunday

The boys birthday was a hit. I cleaned the house up spic and span, ordered a big ass pizza (28 inches), bought a red velvet cake from Auntie Em's bakery (yummm!), let them stay up and act wild until 5am, took 4 of the 6 of them to see the new Harry Potter movie (it was great), and then made a breakfast of french toast, cheese egg-whites, turkey bacon and oj. My boy was happy. And I'm pretty proud of myself :) I am a kick-ass mom.

I want a shower bench. I'm tired of being a shower contortionist, trying not to cut myself while shaving my legs and jumping around on one leg in order to make sure that my feet get super clean. I want to be able to sit down and handle my business with patience and care. So I surfed on over to amazon.com, my go-to for all things unconventional and comparison shopping, and I think the bench that I found may be just what I need. Only caveat is I'm averse to its hundred dollar asking price. So it's sitting in my shopping cart while I ponder the strength of my ducket$ and my true desire to sit while I shower.

I've been wanting to remodel my kitchen since the day I first toured my house. It's been two years now and I've watched enough remodeling shows on the DIY channel to know that I don't and won't have enough money to do what I want for quite some time. I figured I'd need either a hefty raise at work, or a spouse to help me pay the bills. That is, until I started surfing the web for pictures of 1920s and 1940s bungalow kitchen remodels to lust over and found a government site that offers restoration grants for old homes :) There's hope! I'm planning to research the hell out of these programs and hope to God that I can get some free money to build my dream kitchen and mud room/laundry room.

I haven't done a thing today and I'm okay with that. At some point I'll climb out of bed and wash the dishes, wash my hair and body, and run an errand or two...before coming back home to climb right back into bed and continue my lazy Sunday.

No comments: