Sunday, July 24, 2011

I'm so sad

I hate my hair. Last weekend I'd mentioned to my cousin that I needed a low maintenance hairstyle for my trip/vacation and thought that the hairstyle Evelyn from Basketball Wives was wearing last week would be perfect - half corn rows on one side, half down and loose on the other. She looked at me funny, as if she really wasn't trying to help me out. So I went to a girl I used to babysit who now braids hair and I told her my idea. She said she'd do it for $30. Cool. I drove 45 minutes to her apartment all the way in Hawthorne and sat in an uncomfortable chair for about 2 hours while she braided one side of my head. And when she was done and handed me a mirror, my first thought was "it's ugly as hell." But I pretended to like it :( So now I'm sad. She made the braids way too small and straight across, like a boy hairstyle. Save for my loose hair on the other side, it looks butch. But I paid her. I even tipped her an extra $10 because I'm a nice sucker like that (I'd planned to tip her all along. I'd also planned to like my hair, though). And for the last two days I've complained to everyone who'll listen about how much I hate my hair. Until today when one of my girlfriends suggested that I ask her to do it over. She said to tell her that the tiny braids aren't what I had in mind and ask if she could make them smaller. So I did. I sent her a text message. Four hours later she still hasn't responded. I offered to take the tiny braids down myself and asked if she could just make 4 or 5 larger ones instead. And now that I think of it, that extra $10 I gave her should be enough to prod her to say yes to this quick and easier job. But we'll see. Because, after all, she never asked me if I wanted them so tiny. Evelyn's weren't tiny, and this girl claims to watch the show. In the meantime, I have to go to work tomorrow with this hideous, butch, punk rock-ish hairstyle. I really don't feel like entertaining the comments and questions I'll surely get. I'm so sad. Miles said I look ghetto. And if I take it down I will be burning money. This sucks.

No comments: