Tuesday, July 5, 2011

I’ve become disillusioned with the Hollywood Bowl. It used to be one of my favorite places to go but after this past holiday weekend, I think it is only good for specific shows and romantic dates in sections A-J, rows 1-16, only. All those other sections and rows can kiss my ass. They have you packed in like sardines on hard, wooden benches so you’d better pack light and bring a pillow to sit on. And don’t even think about staying until the show ends. Everybody tries to leave all at once and it is hell trying to get out of there. The fireworks display this year left a lot to be desired, too. I’ve seen better at Redondo Beach on the Fourth of July from the millionaire up in Palos Verdes. Word has it that the city made him stop though. He was competing with their display and winning.

So I’m saying so long for now. It’s sort of sad for me because the bowl holds so many dear memories from my past. My uncle Bob used to take me there when I was a little girl. I remember one summer when I was about 5, he and I went to the Bowl and then next door to Griffith Park for a concert where some of the little white hippie kids were running around in their underwear, so uncle Bob asked me if I wanted to take off my shirt and cool down like them. I couldn’t believe he would ask me such a thing. There was no way in hell I was going to run around topless with my no-boobies exposed to the world, lol. My chest was as flat as a board but I was taught to keep my “goods” covered. Good girls don’t run around topless. Plus, there were surely perverts afoot. Anyway, we hung out with a lot of the bands performing that day because, as a kick ass drummer, my uncle Bob was friends with most of them. So I befriended a little girl named Jessica who was traipsing around the park in nothing but her panties. And that’s where I formed my first real impression of white people. These folks didn’t seem to give a damn about nudity or modesty and were living free and reckless. But me, on the other hand, I was disturbed by that Coppertone ad back in those day where the dog was pulling down the little girls’ bikini bottoms revealing her un-tanned butt to everyone. Yes, I was a real conservative prude up until about age 16 when I discovered the joys of sex. I’m still vanilla except now with rainbow sprinkles. This world has corrupted me.

No comments: