Thursday, July 28, 2011

Shoving off

Today I am wrapping up last minute items on my To Do list before I leave for Costa Rica. Yes, the day has finally arrived. I've been talking about and anticipating this trip for almost a year now, lol. My very first time leaving the country and I am pretty excited about it. My primary fear is that I won't be able to carry-on my luggage so then I'll have to check it and TSA will rob me. They've been robbing everybody since 9/11. I know several people who've been ripped off royally. Oh, and I'm also afraid that I won't be able to fully relax. I was way too antsy during my last vacation, worried that time was slipping away from me. Meanwhile, time slipped away from me and I ended up back at work too soon, feeling disappointed that I didn't make the most of my time off. This time, I plan to not worry about a thing. I will be a Tica (name for Costa Rican women) for a week practicing Pura Vida (Pure Life), reading my book by the pool, not giving a damn about my imperfect bikini body, consuming all that my surroundings have to offer. And then there's La Romeria, the walk for La Negrita/The Black Virgin. This pilgrimage is said to take 3.5 hours from San Jose. Can you imagine walking for 3 and a half hours? And then crawling into a church and praying among thousands of people? Dios mio, I'm going to be stiff as a board the following day. But I think the experience will be so worth it. I always feel good after I've been to church, even if I'm a little tired from all the standing and kneeling. This, though, might be the equivalent of 10 Sunday's worth of standing and kneeling without the 6 day break in between.
Anyway, I just logged in to say farewell for now. I still have things to do before I leave :).
Toodles.

No comments: