Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Letting go of childish things

I've outgrown a lot of things that I used to enjoy, but old habits are sometimes hard to break. I think it would help if I had something to replace them with. I sort of do; the caveat is that I have to do it enough for it to become a habit, replacing the old habit. I need change fast, though, because these old things that I've outgrown are beginning to bug the shit out of me.
A friend of mines seems to have the same problem. She'll be 38 next month and every time she's bored her go-to remedy is the club. I'm not really into clubs and that scene, and the times that I've gone out with her remind me why. She gets drunk and loose, too loose for my taste. The men are usually stuck up, the women tend to be bitches, it's always dark as hell and even though I'm not drunk, I feel like I am because I can't see shit. It's a waste of good clothes and hair, if you ask me. But she's so accustomed to being a party girl I'm convinced she doesn't know what else to do with herself. Boredom is the devil. I think my catalyst for change will be my sewing machine. Eventually, I see it changing my life. I just have to make it a habit.

1 comment:

trE said...

I like this: the sewing machine idea... I can see a lot of good things coming from it too!