Wednesday, February 8, 2012

They are going to beat me over the head with Vday ads until I collapse

...writhing in agony and defeat. If I see one more commercial, sitcom, billboard, or post about Valentines Day, I just might die. It's too much. Its made me realize tonight that this year will make three in a row that I have been without a Valentine, which is usually fine, it never phases me...until this year, with all this over-commercialization. I know the economy sucks but damn, man! This year sucks. This year, I actually care that I'm not living some fake, sappy love story. This year, I am even tempted to pay money and go see The Vow in theaters! What has become of me!? I'm losing. The pressure to conform has gotten to me :( My current plan is to hibernate on Vday. No television, no Internet, no leaving the house as long as I can help it. I will throw myself into sewing, cleaning and redecorating. Lest I die of sadness.
Naturally, I'm being overdramatic. I'm talking about Valentines Day. And honestly, I can't even remember the last three Valentines Days. Except one when my girlfriends wanted to all hang out and that didn't end up happening as planned. I think I might have had a Valentine in 2010 or 2011. But the fact that he wasn't memorable means my Vday still had to suck.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I kinda can relate to your posts, and you. I wish you the best.

I hope we can both free ourselves, a thing that might maybe help you are the stoics. Not sure I just feel like I am forgetting myself slowly, but I cannot rid myself of myself. Vday sucks but I'll forget it anyway it's only the billboards that remind you.

Best of luck

Me said...

your comment, Anonymous, truly made me smile. It always feels good to know that there is someone else that can relate and appreciate your sentiments :) Today is the 14th and I'm actually feeling pretty upbeat. The commercialization of V-day no longer bugs me, lol. My swag and confidence is on 100 thousand today and I hope yours is too, dear. Flex your muscles and show your strength ;)
*hugs,
Me