Saturday, February 25, 2012

When you're with people you love, watching a movie outside, having brunch, exploring...time stands still. The rest of the world doesn't occupy your mind. The focus of your existence is your love, being loved, and being happy. It's the most comforting aspect of life. This morning I woke up (thank God) and started perusing Pinterest. A friend of mines is a gardener but not the type that mows lawns; she takes care of plants and flowers. She brought me a bowl of succulents to plant the other day and i need ideas on what to plant them in. And on her pin board there was this photo. It stopped me dead in my tracks. I could see myself in that photo with people I care about. And we'd be happy and nothing more on earth would matter.I miss that feeling, living that way. I still get to experience it with my son, mom and extended family but it's not the same as when my son was little and we had our family. I'm the type of mon who makes candy apples just because, who turns movie night into a treat with homemade caramel popcorn and fancy desserts, complete with blankets, pillows, and surround sound in the living room, and sometimes in my bedroom. But he's growing up now and soon he'll be wanting to spend that time with a girlfriend, then eventually a wife and kids of his own. By then, I suppose I'll be that type of grandma. But until then, who will I have to spend those times with? This is when I miss my ex the most. We did all of that and then some. I cherish those memories. They are a good contrast to the things about him that weren't good.
Anyway, I have to get up from here, exercise, shower, wash my hair, and drive to Pomona for a housewarming. Have a great day :)

No comments: