Friday, March 29, 2013

The Spring Yard Sale cometh! I think I’m going to make it a ritual to de-clutter my home and have a yard sale with the resultant clutter every spring.  It would be a great way to feng shui the house, clear my mind, and earn some cash in the process. I much prefer a minimalist’s existence yet all of the stuff I’ve accumulated in the last 5 years is preventing me from having that. Too many things I don’t wear, too many household items, too many books I don’t read, stuff I don’t need. All of which will make this yard sale epic!  I can’t even imagine selling all of it in one weekend.  I’m going to probably have to have TWO sales!  Giggity! My mom keeps bugging me about cleaning out my garage and selling some of that unused stuff, but she’s only interested in a wicker nightstand that’s stuffed way back in there. She aint slick. She thinks I don’t know what her motive is.  My motive, however, is to focus on my immediate living quarters, first.  The garage will be second, after I clear my house out.  Whatever I don’t sell will be donated to charity &/or sold online.  Sunday night is when I officially get started preparing.

No comments: