Friday, November 29, 2013


I told him I wouldn't miss him. I lied. It's been about a week and I do, in fact, miss him. Man, the heart is such a complicated organ. I keep thinking that all I need to do is find my dream guy. Nobody perfect because perfection doesn't exist, just as long as he fits about 75-80% of my KAL (Kameelah Ass List), and I'll be good. I won't miss *him. It's strange how things work out. I never expected this. But that's life, right? Fiction has to make sense, life never does. Anyway, I miss his arms around me, his voice in my ear, hands in my hair, his baby soft skin and scent. I miss him babbling on and on about some story of his life, and he has many. Were he a book, he'd be a great read in bed on a rainy day like today. I can visualize his hand gestures and they make me smile. I told him that I loved his mannerisms and he smiled. I told him that his skin would make babies jealous and he smiled big, then, too. Then when he told me that absence makes the heart grow fonder I told him "out of sight, out of mind." That might've been harsh but I needed to protect this big clunky organ in my chest somehow. At that time, the shit was sitting precariously on my damn sleeve, threatening to leap off as we sat in his car discussing us. Us, a situation still with no explanation. So I try to spend my days and nights fantasizing about my dream guy, wherever he is, and how comforting life with him will be. I won't have to miss him because he'll be here with me more often than not, and I wont have to protect my heart from him because he will be its guardian. And that's what I tell myself to keep from missing *him. He has prompted me to update my KAL and here it goes (in no particular order):
between 33 and 49 years old
already a father with 1 child, or children over the age of 12 OR doesn't want children
non smoker
social drinker if he drinks at all
is okay with dogs
is kind and generous, not cheap
chivalrous, a gentleman
intelligent
confident
hardworking
strives for more from life, isn't content with little or nothing
decent earning potential, which is well above minimum wage
no exorbitant debt
the ability to comfortably pay his bills with some to spare
open minded
supportive
easy going
believes in a creator but isn't fanatical about it
has integrity
is caring and not cruel to anyone or any creature
isn't a wimp
isn't a video game fanatic
adores me :)
has a similar sense of humor and loves to make me laugh
is at least 5'11, not overweight
handsome (ability to grow hair on his head, no acne, no skin discoloration, no bad scarring or keloids, etc.)
no feminine
no squeaky voices
is a protector
a motivator
takes care of his responsibilities
understands the meaning of the phrase "happy wife, happy life"
is good in bed and aims to please

No comments: