Monday, February 22, 2010

So I met this guy

He’s 9 years older than me but he is an absolute breath of fresh air. He’s so sweet, he keeps me smiling and swooning. BUT…he’s not that attractive to me. Two of my friends think he’s fine and I’m bugging. And maybe I am just a little bit, but I know that his looks are going to have to grow on me. He’s not irredeemably ugly, otherwise I wouldn’t have given him my number. It’s just that he’s not my type and I didn’t even think I had a type but I guess I do. We all do, I think. Granted I have several types, it’s unfortunate that he’s not really fitting any of them. But he’s built like a God, that’s definitely my type J he’s sweet, he’s smart, he’s attentive and he gives me my space, he’s generous, and he’s also slightly goofy in that charming “I really like you so I’m tripping over my own feet” way. Why can’t I find this model in my own age range?

Anyway, we’re meeting for dinner this week and since he’s somewhat new to the area (he moved up from Temecula for a job promotion that he’s super excited about) he’s letting me pick the restaurant. So I asked him what kind of restaurant he’d like me to look for, and he said “seafood.” Expensive taste J, which aint a bad thing, lol. But I don’t want to take this man to the cleaners. I’m kind of reluctant to give him my suggestions because they’re all pricey as hell. But I can’t find another nice restaurant in between us! The whole reason we’re meeting each other at the restaurant is because we live a little more than 30 minutes apart WITHOUT rush hour traffic. So on a weekday, trying to get to either side of town after 5pm/work will be murder on the soul and more like an hour + commute. Which is why I offered to meet him halfway rather than have him go through all that just to come and take me out to eat.

He just texted me wishing me a good day today J Man, beginnings are always so nice. I’m on a gotdamn cloud right now! I wonder when I’ll come crashing down…

2 comments:

rashad said...

Dont think about it crashing down, just enjoy the ride, and be careful..you might like it!!

Me said...

that's sort of what i'm afraid of, lol. LIKING it, and then crashing. You always hope to stay afloat but in the game of dating you usually sink...until you don't.
of course, I'll keep you posted ;)