Thursday, February 14, 2013

Not today!

It’s St. Valentine’s Day again and this year I feel pretty awesome. This year, I don’t suspect that any jewelry commercials will annoy me as they have in the past with their contrived and convoluted romance. I’ve come to accept their stupidity as well as their hustle. I pity the fools who can’t see the conspiracy. In addition to the awesomeness that I am feeling today, I have big plans for this spring and summer that I’m very excited about. Some travel, some Beyonce in concert in Vegas, some love and lust and happiness, some destiny’s fulfilled (finally!), some kicking up my heels... I am no longer a jaded, miserable, forlorn woman. Today, I am feeling myself. Can’t say for sure what I’ll be feeling tomorrow or the next day but I suspect I’ll still be feeling myself. Me, feeling myself seems to be a trend that is here to stay. I think it comes with age because even when I was 17 and shallow as hell, I wasn’t feeling myself nearly as much as I am today. I’m a grown ass woman, child, and I feel it. I’m walking it, I’m talking it, I get up every morning and I look in the mirror and give myself such a devilish grin. Damn, that b*tch is fly. I am in love with me and proud of it. See, because I wasn’t always this way, I’m ashamed to say. I couldn’t see and appreciate myself when I was younger. I was hoping somebody else could show and convince me of what I was missing. Not today though, shiiiiit. Today I am smelling my own drawls. When I was younger folks used to disparage me with remarks like “you think you cute!” and I’d plead and assure them that I didn’t. I really didn’t. Not today though, b*tches.  You're damn straight, I think I'm cute! lol, Happy Valentines Day :)

No comments: