Friday, March 6, 2009

Dunno whyyyyy…

...there’s no sun up in the skyyyy. Stormy weatherrrrr, since my man and I aint togetherrrrrr. Keep’s raining alllll the tiiiiiii iiiiime. So I bought tickets to go see Stormy Weather at the Playhouse this Saturday. It was an impulse purchase and I’m not regretful of it at all. I need some theater in my life. The cost of two tickets amounts to about the cost of one of my Saturdays out and about, shopping, eating and mingling. Plus, life doesn’t last forever so I'm making it count. I love the title song with all my heart and I actually sound good singing it, too. Lena Horne was/is magnificent. She reminds me so much of my grandmae (see pic on the right) .


Check it out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCG3kJtQBKo

You ever meet someone and instantly you know that their mother loved them well? They're just the best people to be around. That's another post though.

No comments: