Sunday, March 8, 2009

Fucking BRILLIANT!

So I'm floating around the Americana outdoor mall, people watching and sipping on something ice-blended, when to my bewilderment I stumble upon a vision of overwhelming desire - a friggin high end pajama store! Naturally, I, being the pj connoisseur that I am, rushed in. The first thing I saw was an oversized t-shirt that read "Sleep with me." I instanly fell head over heels in love, as this store is what I have always dreamed of...but could never recall once I woke up. Go figure. Anyway, some Australian guy by the name of Peter Alexander must've eavesdropped on my dreams and opened a chain of stores devoted to sleeping around. Imagine my dismay! It's of no consequence, really though, because I soon realized that I couldn't afford a damn thing in the whole store, lol. Which means that all is not lost for moi, because if I'm ever able to fight the inertia holding my ass to every chair in my sight, I will spawn a love-child store of my own with just as attractive inventory but at more reasonable prices. Peter caters to A-list celebs (Of course. His tags all read "Made exclusively for young Hollywood") but the regular girl, such as myself, also deserves to be able to sleep in cashmere or shuffle around the house in luscious, floor-length robes made of lightweight velvet, without the $350 price tag. Plus, his collection isn't really as fabulous as his asking price. I've seen better pj's at Marshall's, honestly. I love the idea though and I hope to see more stores popping up that cater to the lackadaisical crowd...but with lower price tags. In the meantime, I'll stop by Peter's store every once in a while to daydream and marvel at his goods. Walking through there, I felt like a kid in FAO Schwartz.
In other news, my trusty Blackberry has kicked the bucket. Reg jinxed me. He JUST said "Damn! Isn't it time you got a new phone? Haven't you had that one for about 3 years??" As if I need to keep up with the times. My phone served its purpose and it wasn't broken...until I dropped it in Ross the very next gatdamn day. It's had an hour glass on the screen for three days now so I think it's safe to say...it's caput. I went and bought a cute, purple flip phone from Tmobile yesterday and as soon as I figure out how to text message properly, I think we'll be just fine. Here's to, hopefully, another 3 year long (or longer) relationship.

No comments: