Sunday, March 1, 2009

Productivity, baby!!

I'm sitting on my couch, freshly showered, donning straight-from-the-dryer PJ's, smiling like a Cheshire cat, because I am loved and my house is in order. Today my family came through for me big time. My ex and his brother went through my entire garage, pulling out that old fridge, stove, washer and dryer, cleaning and sweeping and making it completely un-rat friendly (I wanted to blow the garage up last week: http://musefromabroad.blogspot.com/2009/02/woe-is-me.html). Then my step father sawed four huge pieces of wood and boarded up the vents at the top of the garage. After that, he went inside the house to putty up a few spots under the kitchen cabinet and put my sons new platform bed together. Meanwhile, we were overhauling the rest of the garage, tossing stuff on the curb for the city to pick up tomorrow, and getting other stuff ready for a yard sale next weekend (hopefully). All day we worked, from about 1pm until this very moment (10:20pm).
After the outside was done, my ex's bro repaired my kitchen light fixture, and then he crawled into the attic and drilled chicken wire up to the vents on both ends of the house. And all I did in return was thank them profusely, smile and paid for dinner at Tops, the burger spot down the street. Labor = $31 for a meal that everyone enjoyed (including moi), parts = roughly $125. Peace of mind...priceless :) My garage is immaculate. My mind is clutter free.

No comments: