Tuesday, March 3, 2009

The thrill is gone

You ever have a crush and things are just fabulous, you're surfing on a cloud all day long, feeling glorious and divine? You're ok with simply having the crush, really, because you know that the minute you act on it, it'll be ruined. You like this feeling and don't want to mess it up. So you keep quiet. Then in steps a meddling friend who convinces you to act on your feelings despite your insistance that you.are.fine, you prefer to crush from afar. Really. But this friend pesters you so bad that you give in and you act, against your better judgment, and the next thing you know your crush is ruined. Ever had one of those?
I used to have a crush on a guy named Omar. A friend of mines was cool with him and I made the mistake of swooning over him in front of her. Before I knew it, she was playing matchmaker. I tell her to kick rocks, I'm FINE the way things are. Honestly.
She doesn't buy it. I eventually relent. He and I chat on the phone, we go out on a date, and that's when I saw it. O switched when he walked. Not no Sashay Shante switch; it wasn't fabulous or anything. But with each step he took, he lifted his knees a little too high up so that his hips swayed from side to side when he walked...and I was completely turned off. After that, my day lost its spark, no more pep to my step. Crush demolition * le sigh
This isn't about Omar, though. But my balloon is indeed deflated.

No comments: